Ralph Waldo Emerson
A poet-prophet philosopher; born May 25, 1803 in Boston, Massachusetts.
Known for this transcendental philosophy and themes of self-reliance.
12 Inspirational Quotes from Emerson’s Self-Reliance
1. “To believe your own thought, to believe what is true for you in your private heart is true for all men, that is genius”
2. “God will not have his work made manifest by cowards.”
3. “Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.”
4. “Whoso would be a man, must be a nonconformist.”
5. “Nothing is at last sacred but the integrity of your own mind. Absolve you to yourself, and you shall have the suffrage of the world.”
6. “Your goodness must have some edge to it.”
7. “My life is for itself and not for a spectacle.”
8. “What I must do is all that concerns me, not what the people think.”
9. “It is easy in the world to live after the world’s opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crown keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.”
10. “I must be myself, I cannot break myself any longer for you.”
11. “Insist on yourself; never imitate.”
12. “Your conformity explains nothing”