Santiago Oaks Regional Park
Barham Ridge Trail & Robbers Peak
- Parking free at Anaheim Hills Elementary School off of Serrano Blvd.
- Address: 6450 Serrano Ave, Anaheim, CA 92807
- Trail starts along side of the school and leads up towards the big Robbers Peak rock.
- Once you arrive at the electrical tower you will see an American Flag. Across from the American flag is the entry into Barham Ridge Trail.
- Continue along Barham Ridge Trail for .5 miles until you get to the highest peak to watch the sunset.
Corona Del Mar State Beach
- Parking free along the street located at Ocean Boulevard, Newport Beach, CA 92865
- Inspiration Point offers a scenic grassy hillside to watch the sunset. Grab a blanket and enjoy the views.
- The best time to go is in September when the sun sets right behind Catalina Island.
- An oceanfront park located at 375 Cliff Dr, Laguna Beach, CA 92651
- Offers a spacious grassy park area to sit and enjoy the sunset views
- I love that this park is dog friendly and has access down to the beach as well.
Salt Creek Beach
Dana Point, Ca
- A wide sandy beach located near the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Dana Point, Ca
- Can be found at 33333 Pacific Coast Hwy, Dana Point, CA 92629
- Dog friendly
- Parking fee $2
Newport Beach Schoolyard
- Newport Schoolyard located at 1327 W Balboa Blvd, Newport Beach, CA 92661
- The schoolyard consists of a spacious grassy park area and playground; as well as a massive blacktop with a kickball court, tether ball court, handball court, and basketball court. All over looking the pacific ocean.
- The blacktop area is a popular spot for biking, skateboarding, and rollerskating.
Tower 56, Newport Beach
The Pacific Ocean
via Catalina Express
The Catalina Express is a sixty passenger vessel departing out of various ports in SoCal. The ride back from Catalina Island offers stunning views. I highly recommend the trip just to watch how beautifully the sun melts into the sea.