Hiking Laguna Beach: West Ridge Trail
- Trailhead located at the “Top of the World” lookout point near Alta Laguna Park.
- The Trailhead can be found here: Alta Laguna Blvd Laguna Beach, California 92651
Where to Park?
- There is free parking along the street near Alta Laguna Park.
- Alta Laguna Park also provides a free parking lot but it typically fills up quickly.
- Option to park along the street by Laguna Beach High School for an extra 1.5 mile hike up towards the trailhead.
Information & Amenities
- Bathrooms & Water Fountain located at Alta Laguna Park
- Playground, Tennis Courts, and spacious field for recreation available
- Dog Friendly
- Hiking gear unnecessary for most trails, workout clothes all you need!
Start at the Top of the World look at point
Take a second to soak in the views at “Top of the World”
West Ridge Trail
Located on the Northside of Top of the World
West Ridge Trail is an easy 2 mile trail without any strenuous inclines
West Ridge Trail Completed
The Trail ends when you reach the Rock-it Trail post. To get back to the Top of the World trailhead just turn around and go back the same way you came for another 2 miles. A total of 4 miles completed once back at the Top of the World.
Backpack-I love hiking with my Wise Fool backpack. This backpack is made out of 100% recycled polyester, 100% recycled nylon, and 75% recycled Aluminum. It feels good to know I am utilizing a product that promotes sustainability. I also love supporting a business that is committed to protecting our planet. Learn more about sustainably made apparel at Wise Fool
- Sunscreen-I love using my paraben free Skinnies Sungel, which is made with all natural ingredients without any animal origin (Vegan friendly). More information on this sunscreen found at Got Skinnies
- Hydroflask- I love that my hydroflask keeps my water cold throughout the day no matter how hot it is outside. Definitely need to keep this handy to stay hydrated throughout the hike.
Thanks for reading! I hope this inspires you to go outside and get active. Comment below to share your own hiking recommendations.