Peters Canyon Regional Park
Peters Canyon Regional Park is a nature trail within the Orange and Tustin community. It is a very popular spot for Orange County locals to go hiking, biking, and running. To complete the entire trail loop is about 6 miles.
Address: 8548 Canyon View Ave, Orange, Ca 92869
Parking & Information
- Parking fee is $3 for the day; must bring cash or card for the machine
- Free parking curbside near Peters Canyon Elementary school
- Very dog friendly park; dogs must be leashed at all times
- Equestrian friendly as well
- Bathrooms available and located in the parking lot
- Hiking gear unnecessary; I typically wear workout clothes and shoes
Those with a regular fitness routine might say this trail is rather easy for hiking. The points of incline and elevation are not too steep or challenging to walk up. So it really takes only a moderate level of endurance to complete the entire 6 mile trail. It typically takes me two hours to complete the entire loop. If you are running on the other hand, Peters Canyon becomes much more challenging.
When to Go
Best best time to go is during spring when the hills are green and the flowers are blooming. But all in all this trail is great year around. If you go early in the morning you can catch the sunrise and if you go later in the evening you can catch the sunset. It’s also best to go during the weekdays when it’s not so crowded.
Below you can see the difference between the park during spring time and the park during summer time.
More photos from the trail in the slideshow below.